A total of six courses are now available on the Continuing Architect
Zurn Industries LLC launched two new continuing education (CEU) courses for architects that address water safety and sanitation — bringing the total roster of recent Zurn learning units to six.
Both new CEUs are available in streaming HD video via the Continuing Architect (TCA). They are a part of a series of eight courses scheduled for release on TCA by the end of 2014.
The two new Zurn courses are:
- “Potable Water Safety Through Backflow Prevention,” which outlines the various options to prevent backflow contamination caused by backsiphonage or backpressure. Only 1% of the world’s water supply is potable and in liquid form (as opposed to frozen water trapped in glaciers and polar caps); and
- “Creating a Sanitary Water Environment,” which explains how sanitation can be achieved at the beginning of a building’s life through the building’s design. When a building’s water system is viewed holistically, it becomes apparent that there are many possible points of contamination that can be avoided through design considerations.
The Zurn CEUs launched thus far are:
- Sustainable Restroom Design;
- Siphonic Roof Drain Systems;
- Innovative Water Conservation Fixture Systems;
- Fundamentals of Trench Drain Systems;
- Potable Water Safety Through Backflow Prevention; and
- Creating a Sanitary Water Environment.
Successful completion of each course qualifies an architect for one CES HSW LU credit with the American Institute of Architects.